This is our first report on the progress of the Commonwealth and the Basin States against the Water Management Partnerships for the reporting period of 2009.
The report provided an assessment of governments' performance against 2009 reform obligations, an assessment of risks to meeting reform obligations in future years, and an overview of governments' progress in developing and delivering priority projects.
COAG publicly responded to this report on 13 February 2012.
- Full report (Volume 1) – DOC 1.4MB | PDF 1.23MB
- Volume 2 – National Water Commission: Water Management Partnership Agreement reform actions – PDF 1.89MB
Report by section:
- Preliminaries – PDF 186KB
- Chapter 1: Introduction – PDF 271KB
- Chapter 2: Context for water reform in the Murray-Darling Basin – PDF 319KB
- Chapter 3: Water planning and management – PDF 356KB
- Chapter 4: Water markets and trading – PDF 337KB
- Chapter 5: Priority projects in Basin States – PDF 281KB
- Chapter 6: Performance reporting framework – PDF 213KB
- Appendix A and Bibliography – PDF 264KB