This is our fourth report assessing progress under COAG’s National Affordable Housing Agreement.
In this report we found good progress in reducing the number of rough sleepers in Australia. However, the overall level of homelessness had risen, driven by increased numbers of people living in supported accommodation and severely crowded houses. Homelessness among Indigenous Australians remains higher than for non-Indigenous Australians but we found that there has been improvement in some locations and for certain types of homelessness.
- Key findings - PDF 535KB
- Full report - DOCX 9.7MB | PDF 2.8MB
- Easy English version - Text only DOCX 311KB | PDF 1.9MB
Report by section:
- Chapter 1. Overall homelessness - PDF 627KB
- Chapter 2. Different types of homelessness - PDF 393KB
- Chapter 3. Performance benchmarks - PDF 237KB
- Chapter 4. Improving performance reporting - PDF 153KB
- Homelessness 2011-12: Comparing performance across Australia - Statistical supplement - PDF 4.3MB
- Supplementary data: Rate of homelessness by type, Indigenous status and remoteness 2011 and 2006 - XCEL 684KB
- Contextual factors: Comparing performance across Australia 2011- 12 - DOC 2.1MB | PDF 2.3 MB